1. What territory does Bukovyna occupy?
Historico-geographical territory of Ukraine is located between the middle Dniester and bare ridges of Carpathians in the valleys of the upper reaches of the rivers Prut and Siret.
Nowadays it is divided between Ukraine (Northern Bukovina) and Romania (Southern Bukovyna). Modern Northern Bukovina includes the Chernivtsi region.
2. How long will the project proceed?
The project is implemented in 24 months.Starting from 17 May 2012 to 16 May 2014.
3. What is the point (nature) of the project?
This project involves the preservation of historico-cultural heritage of the Chernivtsi oblast and Suceava county, by forming the register of objects of historical and ethnographic heritage, providing a framework for effective communication between border residents that are united by a common historical heritage, improving the tourist image of border areas by carrying out promotional and advertising activities of the project, giving additional investment in the development of infrastructure, that will be achieved as a result of the formation and promotion of new tourist routes and the enhancement of employment on both sides of the Ukrainian-Romanian border, by need to service a larger amount of international and domestic tourists.
4. What is the sum of the project's total budget?
The project's total budget is EUR 1 474 463.00 (equivalent in UAH. - 15 526 095.39), including the budget for the realization of the project by Chernivtsi National University - 934 466.00 Euros (equivalent in UAH. - 9839 926.98). The project is funded to 90% by the European Union.
5. The target groups of the project?
The target groups of the project are the residents of the border area of Bukovina, universities, travel agencies and museums.
6. What measures are planned by the project?
- Creating of "Bukovinian informational-communication center of the development of historico-ethnographic tourism in Chernivtsi and its Regional Office in Suceava;
- drafting of the register of historico-ethnographic objects in Chernivtsi and Suceava county, and the creation of an electronic database and a tourist map on its basis;
- working out the international routes (Chernivtsi- Suceava);
- Development of the methodical guidelines and trainings for the target groups of Chernivtsi and Suceava County;
- Promotion of Bukovyniancommon historical and ethnographic heritage.
7. What are the types of the tourism?
A great variety of types and forms of tourism require the selection of groups with the help of which it can be classified.
- According to the nature of the tourist route there exist such types of tourism as flat, mountainous, water, speleo, air, cosmic, mixed;
- According to the means of transportation: pedestrian, ski,equestrian , automobile, bicycle, aquatic, bus, railway, aeronautical, combined;
- According to the place the trip is held: internal (national) and external (international);
- According to the activity - tourism with active (rowing vessels, rafts, catamarans, bicycles, etc.) and passive (sea and river cruises, travel on buses, yachts, etc.) means of transportation;
- According to the way of organizing of the trip (organized and unorganized, planned and Amateur);
- According to the tourist program (traditional, exotic and environmental);
- According to the season (summer, winter tourism);
- In terms of accessibility and social importance in the life of the society tourism is divided into social, which has mass character due to its accessibility to the general population, and elitist, accessible from certain causes (the price for physical activity, etc.) for the limited contingent.
8. What is "ethnography"?
Ethnography (from the Greek ethnos - a tribe, people, graph - to write) - a social science whose subject of the research is peoples, their culture and way of life, origins (ethnogenesis), resettlement, processes of cultural and social relations at all stages of human history . It focuses on the development of issues of ethnogenesis, ethnic history, international relations, national processes, traditional culture and culture of the household, folk knowledge and folk art.
Ethnography - is the history of peoples, which includes its history, housing, clothing, food, family structure, forms of life in the broadest sense of the word. This is the story of the world, people's knowledge, beliefs and superstitions, rituals and customs. Recently the major part of scientists do not refer to historical ethnography, and the social science.
9. What are the most important ethnographic problems?
Among the most important ethnographic problems are:
- studying of the ethnic composition of certain countries and the world;
- ethnogenesis and ethnic history of peoples;
- reconstruction of ancient forms of social life and culture from the remnants of these forms that have been preserved in modern backward peoples (according to the socio-economic development);
- studying of modern state of ethnic traditions, assessment of their positive or negative role in people's lives;
- exploring different aspects of the contemporary life and the culture of restructuring;
- exploring of contemporary ethnic processes, i.e. changes in the historical development of certain ethnic characteristics and peoples in general.