The first stone temple in Chernivtsi. Its building had started in 1787 by the plans of engineer F. Fenrich, the building has been finished and consecrated in 1814. The church has suffered from fires in 1790, 1866, rebuilt in 1855-1856, 1909-1910. In 1818 the clock was installed on its tower. The edifice has been built in the style of pseudo gothics with the elements of classicism. The temple has seven altars. The main altar is of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, others – the altar of the Chenstohovska Mother of God, the altar of mournful Mother of God (the Pieta), the altar of Mother of God of Perpetual Help, the altar of Mother of God Rosaria, the altar of St. Anthony, and the altar of St. Joseph. The most famous rector of the church was J. Schmidt (1850-1921). The grotto chapel with the sculptures of the Mother of God and St. Anthony and St. John of Nepomuk was constructed near the church in 1868. The church was constantly active, nowadays the divine service is conducted in Polish and Ukrainian languages. Architectural memorial of local significance.