The national Romanian orthodox tradition in Bukovyna is embodied in the St. Nicholas Cathedral. It had been built in 1939 by the model of one of the masterpieces of Romanian medieval architecture – the temple in Curtea de Arges. The connection with the Romanian cult architecture is identified by the original “twisted” domes of the church. This cathedral happened to be one of the few Chernivtsi temples that were not closed during the Soviet era, and where the divine service was not interrupted. Due to this, the distinctive interior of Bukovinian church of the first half of the XX century has been preserved inside, in particular the old carved iconostasis, which is unusually located on the right from the entrance. In addition, the stained glass windows under the domes, the relics of the Holy Martyrs, the icons and other church utensils have survived Architectural memorial of local significance.