This edifice had emerged on the Teatralna square the last, and has significant differences from other architectural adornments of the square. After Bukovyna had become the part of Romania, the modernism styles have been introduced in the architecture, which are characteristic for the royal Romania exactly. The turn has come to question about the building for Romanian society for spreading Romanian culture and literature. The society ordered the project from the famous architect Duile Mark in 1921. Due to the lack of funds, this project had not been successful. That is why a simpler and cheaper one was accepted – by the architect Horia Creanga. The construction site was consecrated on July 4, 1937. The laying of the cornerstone of new building occurred on October 26 of the same year – in the days of celebrating the 75-year jubilee of the founding of society. By the tradition, a capsule with address of the famous people of Chernivtsi to descendants has been placed into the foundation. The construction foresaw two parts: a commercial one and a cultural one. The commercial part belonged to the Orthodox religious fund and consisted of a shop, a restaurant and hotel rooms. The cultural part had a parterre with a lobby and a concert hall, a conference hall, a reading hall and a library. On the roof there was a lookout terrace, from which the whole city could be seen. The palace had been finished in the beginning of 1940, however the society moved there in May. And on June 28, 1940 the Soviet troops entered Chernivtsi, and the premises were given to accommodate different establishments. During the World War II, the commercial part of the building was occupied by the German command. After the liberation of Chernivtsi in 1944, the garrison House of officers was accommodated there. Architectural memorial of local significance.