The first Lutherans appeared in Bukovyna yet in 1771 during the Russian-Turkish war and the occupation of the land by Russian troops. These were the German minting masters who came at the invitation of baron Gartenberg Sadogursky. For the first Protestant worships the private rooms were rented, later a chapel of Roman Catholics. By the mid-XIX century the Lutheran congregation numbered 120 families. The question arose about building of the own temple. Construction of evangelical temple began with donations of believers, in particular those from other confessions as well. In 2 years, in 1849, a kirche was consecrated. Above the main entrance the clock tower was rising, which had a gilded brass top. A temple bath was covered with tin. Nearby a stone parochial house was erected for the pastor, and opposite it – the rooms of evangelical private people’s school for boys and girls (now primary classes of Chernivtsi gymnasium no. 4). Such complex of Lutheran structures formed the spiritual center of evangelical community of Chernivtsi. In the fall of 1940 according to the Soviet-German agreement, ethnic Germans were repatriated to Germany. The premises of the kirche were provided at the disposal of Regional archive administration of the NKVD. The building lost the clock tower and the organ. Now here a Pentecostal Church ”Blagodat” (Grace) is located. The building is an architectural memorial of local significance.