|year||Перша половина ХІХ ст.|
The house of synagogue was built in the center of the Jewish quarter on the Synagogue street (A. Barbyus str.) in the place of the old wooden building, in 1853 on the funds of the Jewish community of the city. In its architecture the Galician influences can be traced, where the features of baroque and classicism are combined. Portico of this building is a staircase of women’s premises, the men's hall is covered with nine fields of sail arches with increased central field. All the windows of the side facades have exterior stucco ornamenting. The building is covered with a curved hip roof. During the fire of 1865 the synagogue building suffered almost no damage, leading to the emerging of numerous legends about its miraculousness. The best-known synagogue rabbis were Sason Horowitz and L. Elias Ihel. In Soviet times the building of the synagogue was used for economic needs of the city.