This is an orthodox church – historical monument that was built in 1794, situated in the centre of the village of Călinești (Dărmănești commune, county of Suceava). The church was originally smaller, consisting in the narthex (”women’s passage”), the nave and the sanctuary. The delimitation between the narthex and the nave was made by a false wall, covered with icons. According to the local tradition, the church was donated in 1884 by the villagers of Frătăuții Vechi (where a new church was built in 1881) and displaced to Călinești, where it was rebuilt on a land offered as a gift by Nicolae Cârstea. On the same occasion, the monument was modified by adding a narthex and a false tower on the nave, set over the side apses. In the yard of the church, there is a bell tower made of wood of yellow colour and a room for the funeral feast. The wood church of Călinești is being built of fir beams. The beam walls are coated, on the inside and on the outside, with white painted boards. It has a stone plinth, which was heightened in order to protect the socle, because of the fact that the land on which the church has been built was slightly unlevelled. After being initially covered with shingles, the church is now made of sheet metal. The roof is in steep slopes and has a slight splitting-up towards the base. The monument is trefoiled and the sanctuary has a pentagonal recessed apse, having a recently built porch on the south side. Among the decorative components of the church, we mention a beam chipped in the shape of a rope, which is entirely supported for the whole length by a denticles belt, surrounding the construction on the outside. A lack of continuity of the rope (especially on the north side) can be noticed, in the new wall closing the enlarged area of the narthex. On the inside, the church is divided into four rooms: the porch, the narthex, the nave and the sanctuary. The church can be accessed through a porch situated on the south side. The sanctuary has a pentagonal plain apse and three rectangular windows symmetrically placed on the polygon sides. The iconostasis is moved forward, with no proskomedia and diaconicon. Above the sanctuary there is a semi-cylindrical arch consisting of arches built by assembling several curved segments, nailed-up with wooden nails.