The complex of Teodoreni Monastery comprises the following 4 objectives: ”the Ascention” Church (XVI-XVIIIth centuries), the old cells (the late XVIth century), the bell tower (1597) and the enclosure wall (the XVIIIth century). In the year 1472, the place where today is Teodoreni Monastery, the counsellor Bunea built a wooden church, bringing here Mrs Maria and her daughter, Maria Voichita, upon Stephen the Great's order, from Radu the Handsom's Court. The church was afterwards burnt by the Turks. In the place of this church, at the end of the XVIth century, the court marshal Teodor (Toader) Movilă founded a monks' monastery, building a masonry church. The court marshal came from a wealthy family from Moldavia, being the son of the logothete Ioan Movilă and step-brother with the princes Ieremia and Siomion Movilă, and with the metropolitan Gheorghe Movilă of Moldavia. The founder gave to the monastery numerous domains and villages (Adâncata, Nagoreni, Grușevița), the Teodor family becoming one of the richest monastery from Moldavia. The church insription was lost, but on the awning of the counterfort from the sanctuary apse is inscribed the year 1597, indicating the date of building the church. The suroundings were not inhabited. In order to work the land of the monastery, Ruthenes peasants from Storojineț were brough here and they received the land necesarry to built their homes. This is the way in which the village of Teodoreni was created, which was called afterwards Burdujeni. The church has a trefoil shape, with walls over one meter thick. The church was painted in the year 1785, but the painting degraded over time, today only the votive picture, depicting the natural size portraits of Teodor Movilă and his son, Ioan, still can be seen, on the left wall of the narthex.